Monday, November 25, 2013

Music Monday, I Can't Complain by Relient K

 
Relient K has been one of my favorite bands since they started, what seems like, forever ago. There has been some mixed reviews on their new album but I love it, just like any other album they have released. The song "I Can't Complain" has quickly become one of my favorites. It has a laid back tune to match laid back lyrics. It's a reminder for me to just chill out and enjoy life as it comes. To pick the good out of any and every situation. "Every day is too short to let it go to waste." I hear ya Relient K. Take the blessings as they come.
 
On a "blessings" related note, my kitty was found as of Sunday morning! Sylvester was missing for over three weeks and I had started loosing all hope that I would ever see him again. I spent the night in OKC with Reghan on Saturday night and headed home Sunday morning before weather conditions started getting too bad. When I braked at a four-way stop about two miles away from my house, I happened to see a black and white cat walking down the road across from me. I drove over to look out of curiosity, and sure enough, it was my fur-ball! I hopped out of my car to call for him and he ran over to me, making a meowing/crying sound. I picked him up and started balling. It's horribly pitiful, I know, but that's my baby. He was on the other side of the river and I guess had wandered far enough that he couldn't find his way back. Poor thing. I'm super happy that he's home safe and sound! It's a miracle to me. Hopefully he's learned a lesson and won't ever wander so far again.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment