Thanksgiving is tomorrow. Can you believe it?? I love this time of year. I love fall and all the thankful, cozy vibes it brings. It is, quite possibly, my favorite season. Every November, Facebook is loaded with people posting what they're thankful for. I know some find it kind of annoying but I love it! It makes me happy to see people counting their many blessings. I have not done it this year but have in a few years past. I decided it would be a good post to list some of them. So here we go;
1. I'm so very thankful for my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Without him, I would not have the amazing life that I do. It may be a mess sometimes, but it is something beautiful. I could never be perfect on my own but I have been made perfect through his love and sacrifice. And for that, I am extremely blessed and eternally grateful.
2. I'm thankful for my dynamic family. I have some amazing parents and little brothers. My Dad is Mr. Fix-Anything and has always been there to lend a helping hand. He does so much to provide for my family. My Mom is such a sweet woman with a heart of gold. She always is doing something kind and loving us kids unconditionally. My three younger brothers are all different in their own ways. They're ornery for sure, but care so much for everyone they meet. They are all pretty hilarious too and will keep us rolling on the floor for a lifetime to come. My new sister-in-law gets added to this list too. She is such a kind soul. I'm so glad that I get to call her a sister and a friend. I dearly love each member of my family.
3. I'm thankful for my amazing best friends. Reghan (reghanland), Helen, (blueeyedbeautyblogg), and Alyssa have been my corner stones of a lifetime. No matter what, I will always have that special bond with each of them. They are my confidants, my adversaries, and my sisters by heart. Any time I get together with one of them, it is a wonderful time filled with laughter and encouragement. Life would be so dull without them! They are such treasures. (I'm so thankful for every friend that I have been blessed with.)
4. I'm thankful for coffee. I'm finally getting over my addiction to where I'll drink usually one cup a day instead of three..
5. I'm thankful for my creative talents. I am all about crafts and the sense of accomplishment I get when I bring new purpose to something. I have also begun to really appreciate my cake decorating abilities and the artwork that it is. It's a lot more time and effort consuming than you'd think.
6. I'm thankful for the cool fall days (although it's been a little frigid lately). Like I said, this time of year is one of my favorites. Snuggling up with a blanket and a good book is so cozy when it's like this.
7. I'm thankful for baking and cooking. I
8. I'm thankful for my future husband and family. I often day dream about what they will look like and it is something quite spectacular. I'm definitely excited about that part of my life.
9. I'm thankful for my job. I get to spend time playing with three pretty great kiddos during the week. I mean come on. Who wouldn't love to do that? They are each a little light brightening up my days. I love getting to be a part of their lives.
10. I'm thankful for my career. I get to help ladies and couples make one of the most memorable days of their life, special. I've done just about every job in the book pertaining to weddings; Decorator, cake decorator, hair stylist, florist, make-up artist, nail technician, seamstress, caterer, chauffeur, bridesmaid, etc, etc. I love every little detail that I get to pour my heart into with my career. It's pretty stinkin' cool.
11. I'm thankful for fashion. I enjoy getting to express myself through clothes and accessories. A girl likes to get dolled up and feel pretty! Cozy sweaters and shoes are the best.
12. I'm thankful for music. There are so very many talented musicians out there that produce amazing lyrics. They've been blessed with that gift. I'm just glad I get to butcher those songs when I sing them.
13. I'm thankful for my pets. Of course, you already assumed that this would be on my list. I'm crazy in love with my furry companions. Cat lady forever. Animal lady forever.
14. I'm thankful for do-good-ers. Nothing warms my heart more than to see someone serving a stranger. Whether it's an action or a smile, there needs to be more kind people out there. I know I always get a warmth in my soul when I help someone out.
15. I'm thankful for all my worldly possessions. This might seem a bit odd to state but it's true. God has blessed me immensely with everything from clothes and a car, to a roof over my head. It's all temporary and none of it will last forever but they are commodities that I have been fortunate enough to be given. I want to share everything with those that need it, to pass these blessings forward.
16. I'm thankful for a voice. I get to speak and be heard (most of the time anyway). I can make a difference in a world that is ever changing. To share my ideas and encourage others on in life. Sometimes I think there's people that would like me to just shut-up (Haha!). Oh well. :)
17. I'm thankful for flannel sheets. What? If you haven't slept in flannel sheets, you haven't lived. Mom bought me some just because and they are so fuzzy warm. Trust me, there is a reason that they get their own thankful number.
18. I'm thankful for second chances and forgiveness. These keys applies to faith, relationships, and life in general. I have received those and I have given them. If you live willing to give these without conditions, you will have a much fuller life. This has been a very prominent lesson in my life lately. I am rebuilding a relationship because of giving a second chance/forgiveness to someone recently and I have been so very blessed. Maybe someday I'll write a post about it.
19. I'm thankful for sleep. Which, is something I should be doing right now. I'm a sleep hog and can never seem to get enough of it. I don't dream that often so honestly, my sleep is just plain ol' boring.
20. In general, I'm thankful for this life I have. I could go for forever with this whole thing but at some point, I have to put a cap on it. I hope to live each day to the fullest and love without ceasing. I am so extremely blessed with this life I've been given. I don't want to ever waste it.
Enjoy your Thanksgiving! I always do. We spend time hanging out with family all day and stuffing our faces with delicious food. It's pretty much the best thing ever. I can't wait!