Tuesday, December 31, 2013

The Best Cat That Ever Lived

 
If you've read my blog or know me at all, you know that I'm crazy about my pets. Especially my cat, Sylvester. This post is going to be hard on me and I've waited a while to write it for that very reason.
 
Two weeks ago, I received a call. One that I was not expecting, nor did I want to get. "I think Sylvester got hit by a car up the road from your house. I am so very sorry." I held it together till after I was on the phone, then burst into tears. I was taking care of my kiddos at the time, so I called my mom and asked if she would go check to see if it really was him. I also don't think I could have handled seeing him like that. Moments seemed drag on as I feared the worst. Finally she got a hold of me and confirmed the worst. My precious cat was dead. I tried to be strong. I calmed down a bit later and the kids hugged me. I think I would have been in worse shape had it not been for their kind consolation.
We buried Sylvester under the big walnut tree in the back yard. I didn't do well for the next few days and it still breaks my heart from time to time. But I'm getting better. I have all kinds of sweet memories with that crazy cat of mine. He will forever be in my heart. I love you Sylvie.  
 
Some of my favorite pictures of my darling.
 

He was so overwhelmingly cute.


 

Peeping tom.








 
The day I brought him home. So tiny and so precious.
 
These pictures make me smile and I cherish all the precious memories. I loved my baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment