Monday, November 18, 2013

Music Monday, Words by Hawk Nelson (plus a thought and story)

 
This song has been playing in my head so often lately. I catch myself singing it at least once a day and I can't blame myself because, well, it's super catchy. But even more so than that, there is such a deep meaning behind the lyrics. How many words do we say each day? It is estimated (by ask.com) that women say an average of 20,000 words a day and a man says approximately 7,000. Crazy, right? Girls are obviously pretty chatty. But how many of those words are positive? Or even.. negative? This past week I didn't have a ton of positive things to say. It seemed like it was one thing after another bringing me down. Some of those depressing and hurtful moments were from things people had said to me. It's amazing what words (and actions) can do to a heart. I'm trying to work on that part of myself. Using only encouraging words to anyone I might come in contact with throughout my day. It's probably all something we could work on. I hope that this song touches your heart like it does mine.
On a side note, I've actually met Hawk Nelson before. We go to a concert called WinterJam every year in OKC. The year they preformed (like 4 or 5 years ago), I stayed afterwards to stand in line so I could meet them and get my shirt signed. I began talking to one band member when I started working my way down the table and ended up standing off to the side at the end of it. Just so we could finish talking about random stuff. Mostly, that the weather in Oklahoma was bi-polar. So many girls passed by with astonished looks because, golly, he was super cute and I was super lucky. My friend Alyssa and I giggled about it afterwards for quite a while. He probably doesn't remember it but I sure do. I had a major crush on that boy-band cutie. Anyways, that's just a fun little tid-bit about a memory I have from my teen years.
Have a blessed week and be encouraging with your words!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE, LOVE this song! Next time it pops in your head, let's sing it together. :) Chances are it has been playing in my head too as it often does.

    ReplyDelete